Dependency would form the bases for the extension of an “O” visa. If you have a Thai child or children you may stay in Thailand based on dependency. You would apply for an “O” visa based on having a minor child in Thailand. There are certain regulations governing this stay. You would apply for an “O” visa a Thai embassy abroad which is valid for 90 days and extend it in country thereafter.
Speak to a lawyer if you are not certain. If the children are at school you will need school reports to show that the child is in school and also a letter from the school to confirm that you have a child at the school. Again, rules in Thailand change every 2-3 years so speak to us online to check if there are any rule changes in Thailand for your visa.
1. Application Form (T.M. 7)
2. A copy of your passport or document used in lieu of your passport
3. The applicant’s 4×6 cm. photo.
4. Marriage certificate.
5. Extension fee, Baht 1,900.
6. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or is residing in Thailand.
7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or residence in Thailand.
8. If the applicant is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts
Should you not be able to manage the process yourself, contact a lawyer in Bangkok to manage the process for you. The visa process is almost the same as the process if you are married to a Thai national. Call us today or ask us on live chat about your visa issue in Thailand.